1. Snap earnings: Snapchat’s parent company will report its second quarter results on Thursday.
Snap() shares havebeen on a downward slide in the wake of their NYSE debut in March.
The self-described camera company recently unveiled a slew of new features, but it may not be enough to keep users — and investors — on board.
Snap posted a whopping $ 2.2 billion loss in the first quarter.
2. Blue Apron earnings: Blue Apron( will publish its latest numbers before the opening bell. )
The company’s June IPO was a disappointment, and its stock has lost more than 35% of its value since then.
Competition in the fresh food and meal kit delivery market is already tough. It’s only going to get tougher when Amazon’s(Tech30) purchase of , Whole Foods( is completed. )
3. Oil in focus: U.S. oil futures edged 0.5% higher as investors awaited the latest monthly oil market report from OPEC.
Oil was trading just below $ 50 per barrel.
Investors will look at the level of compliance with a production cut agreement that was struck last year and extended in May.
OPEC and other major producers hoped the deal would help end a supply glut and send prices higher.
4. Global market overview: Investors are still processing the war of words between the United States and North Korea.
The VIX volatility index surged 25% on Wednesday, and the CNNMoney Fear & Greed Index swung to neutral after days of sitting in the greed territory.
5. Earnings and economics: Scores of companies are set to report earnings.
Canada Goose(, )Kohl’s( and )Macy’s( will publish their results before the open, while )News Corp.(, )Noodles & Co(, )Nordstrom( and )NVIDIA(Tech30) will follow after the close. ,
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics will release its July producer prices report at 8:30 a.m. ET.
At the same time, the Department of Labor will release its weekly data on initial unemployment claims.
Mexico’s central bank will announce an interest rates decision at 2 p.m. ET.
6. Coming this week:
Thursday — Snap(, )Blue Apron(, )NVIDIA(Tech30), , Macy’s(, )Nordstrom(, )News Corp(, and )Kohl’s( report earnings )
Friday — U.S. inflation report;J. C. Penney